Fashion Workshop with Lucie Desmond
FASHION WORKSHOP WITH LUCIE DESMOND
A Fashion workshop delivered by Lucie Desmond at the Oxford Atelier. Lucie is an experienced professional Fashion Photographer whose clients include Jaeger, Harrods, New Look and Ann Summers amongst others. The workshop will delve into Fashion photography and how professional photographers achieve the stunning results they do.You will learn how to manage the process from start to finish and begin to learn the secrets of Fashion photography.
Introduction – An opportunity for Lucie to explain the how’s and why’s to becoming a Fashion photographer. She will reveal her top tips into how to break into the extremely competitive Fashion industry. There will be an opportunity for you to introduce yourselves and what it is that brings you to Fashion photography.
The day will cover the following:
- Reviewing magazine images and analysing how Fashion has changed over the last 5 years. Delving into current trends in Fashion editorial
- The creative process / building a mood board
- Shooting a fashion story / editorial – preparing the set, briefing the creative team (stylist, hair & make-up artist), directing the model and setting up the required lighting arrangements.
- Shooting a couple of fashion looks, with an experienced fashion model, to build up a fashion story out of the selected images. Lucie will reveal how to create an effective workflow system.
- You will learn the essentials on how to shoot straight into Capture 1, the number 1 editing software choice for professionals. You will be given an introduction to colour grading on Capture 1, where you will experience first hand the power and versatility of the software. Alongside how useful a tool it is when working with a client on set.
The shoot – The workshop will be very much a hands-on day with an experienced fashion model and lots of instruction and guidance from Lucie. You will have the opportunity to shoot your own mini-editorial. You will be encouraged to prepare your own mood board, prepare the set & shoot – always under the direction of Lucie who will support you through the whole process.
- You will receive tailored feedback and recommendations from a professional Fashion photographer
- You will receive a “Little black book” of magazines to approach – At the end of the day, Lucie will reveal to you which Magazines are best to approach with your work. Those magazine editors that are more open to publishing submissions from photographers with potential, that are starting out and are looking for media exposure.
All are welcome, all you need to bring is a Digital SLR and be comfortable shooting in manual.
Please also ensure that your battery is fully charged , you will also need a memory card.
All other equipment is provided to use on the day.
Strictly limited to 7 participants.
A light lunch of sandwiches, fruit and cake are included. Coffee and tea will be available throughout the day. Please advise if you have any dietary requirements or food allergies when booking.